An incomplete game engine for a graphic MMORPG
A while back I decided to create a MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game). It was created in PHP with MySQL database. The idea was to create something that would run in any browser without need of any extra plugins/addons.
After working with C# all summer, I have been having thoughts about moving from PHP to ASP.NET (mainly C#).
In a sense Java and C# are quite similar, but when you get a bit under the tip you will notice some of the difference between both languages. For some reason C# felt a bit more easier the Java to me, and a bit (a lot) more powerful.
There are times when you need some sort of unique identifier for some reason, and it can be hard to find a system that will have a very low collision risk.
Load only the CSS for the current browser to reduce the bandwidth usage.
I have used BBClone Web Counter for over 5 years, and sop far i haven’t found any replacement for it. As for now I am using CMSimple i decided to use bbclone again. I found out it would take some time to get bbclone streamlined CMSimple.
Overloading functions in PHP in a clever way.
When you are not running Apache, it is a bit hard to get SEO optimized paths. So, here is a simple way to implement SEO paths without Apache.